Caramel ShortBread/ Millionaires Shortbread
Hi! Welcome back to my blog I am so sorry that I have been awol for over a week... I have just gone back to school and I was super busy with homework and whatnot. I'm sowwy😔 Sooooo any who here is my new blog post it is a recipe for caramel shortbread.
I was inspired to post this after going to Costa (coffee shop) with my friend and her buying a caramel shortbread. I was so shocked at the crazy prices I decided to write out the recipe I use. Hope you like it!
For the shortbread
170g plain flour,
60g caster sugar,
For the caramel
(397g) one tin of condensed milk,
2 tablespoons of golden syrup,
60g caster sugar,
For the chocolate topping
(100g) 1 bar of milk chocolate.
- Preheat the oven to 170g or gas mark 4. Meanwhile lightly grease or line a 18cm square tin/ cake tin.
- For the shortbread; Sieve the flour and sugar in a large mixing bowl. With clean hands rub the butter into the mixture until it comes together into a dough. Press it to the bottom of the cake tin; spread it evenly and prick it with a fork all over. Bake for 15 or 20 minutes until golden brown.
- For the caramel: While the shortbread is baking pour the condensed milk, syrup, sugar and butter into a sausepan/ pot. Heat over a low hat stirring the whole time. (This will take a while) When it turns a deep caramel colour take it off the heat and pour it over the shortbread. Let it cool for 30 minutes.
- For the chocolate: Break it up and put it in a microwaveable jug or bowl and heat for about 20 seconds before taking it out and stirring, place it back into the microwave and heat for about 10 seconds stirring it again repeat this process until smooth (TIP: if there is one or two small lumps in the chocolate mix and they should melt this is to lesson the likelyhood of curdling) Pour the chocolate over the cooled caramel.
- Place this in the fridge for about 30minutes and voilà you have a batch of amazing caramel shortbread' for a fraction of the price!
This photo is by no means mine I simply googled the picture.☺